Mor-Duck Loop


 Took a gap in the weather as an invitation to go for a ride. But I left my helmet at home! Refusing to drive another 30km, I pout on a bucket hat and hoped for the best. 

As I headed ESE I, discovered a strong wind,  from the ESE of course.  But after a few days couped up in the cabin, I stuck my head down and kept riding.  At Duckenfield I pulled up at the old stone shed for a 'nana,  muesli bar & water. 

After ""lunch" I took Wharf Road and risked my life with a savage dog while my kicking leg was clipped on, only to find the road finished nowhere near the water. I had to go back past Tiger. 
A long gravel road with another fleet-footed mongrel and what appeared to be a locked gate next it's far end (it wasn't locked) took me too the main backroad between Maitland and Raymond Terrace. The traffic here was horrendous,  so after seeing a patrol car, I walked part way beforehand to relax my numb hands and render butt. At the base of a down slope & before a ghastly new housing estate,  I found my wonderfully quiet road looping back to Duck' Rd. There were some good rusty sheds along the way,  and a cool and kind tailwind. 


 Home safety,  
TODAY 23km
YEAR TO DATE: 89km

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Route Planning

Health - sore wrists (age, low salt, trekking bars)

A grocery run